Continuing Education Company Logo
visit-nashvilles-largest-collection-of-cars
Tennessee

Visit Nashville’s Largest Collection of Cars

The Lane Motor Museum is a must-visit destination for any vehicle enthusiast and is a fun stop for anyone visiting Nashville during a Continuing Education Company CME conference. Although the city is most well known for being one of the capitals of country music the area is also home to the largest collection of European cars in the nation. With over five hundred cars on display, there’s something for everyone to enjoy from antique steam cars to modern race cars and everything in-between. Perhaps the most unique part of this museum is its mission to not only preserve the shells of the cars themselves but keep them in working order.

As you wander through the colorful expanse of cars it’s hard not to imagine yourself behind the wheel of some of them. At times it can feel as though you’ve gone back in time when cars were reserved only for the most affluent and were decorated with their iconic art deco flairs. Among the old steam cars, you’ll see numerous vehicles that are incredibly experimental. Perhaps the most unique car in the entire museum is the Helicron that uses a propeller to power its engine. Although it may seem a bit strange the tie between aviation and motorcars was almost inseparable at the dawn of the century when many aviation companies turned their eyes on car manufacture at the conclusion of the first world war.

Amongst all the antique cars you’ll also discover numerous different military vehicles including the largest vehicle on display the colossal LARC-LX whose wheels alone stand at a height of about nine feet each being powered by a separate engine. On the other end of the scale, there are numerous microcars on display, some of which don’t even require a license to operate. The smallest vehicle is the absolutely tiny Peel P50 which measures only a little over three feet long and just under five feet tall. Besides its incredible collection of cars, the museum also features a modest collection of motorcycles and even a couple of planes.

Unlike a lot of museums dedicated to preserving automobiles, the Lane Motor Museum aims to preserve all aspects of the car for future generations to enjoy including restoring the engines back to working order. The museum boasts that around 90% of its total collection will start and be able to hit the road with little or no problems. The remaining 10% of the vehicles require major restoration work but the museum is aiming to restore all of its vehicles with original or replica parts.

One of the best parts of visiting a city for the first time or revisiting somewhere you’ve already been is getting the chance to explore new experiences you can’t find anywhere else. Each city has its own spectrum of unique places to visit. Whether you’ve decided to join us for our CME conference in Nashville to experience some of the city’s remarkable country music or taste its world famous food you can’t go wrong by taking a detour to this remarkable museum. You don’t have to be a car enthusiast or history buff to enjoy the remarkable care that goes into each vehicle in this museum’s collection.

 

Upcoming CME Conferences & Online Learning

Want to attend a live CME conference in a beautiful locale or complete an online course from the comforts of home?

At Continuing Education Company, we provide you with options to make your medical continuing education fun, engaging, and relevant. Check out our conference calendar to view the dates and locations of upcoming conferences as well as the online learning courses and live streaming that are currently available. And, for a limited period of time, take advantage of our Special Offer! Attend one of our LIVE conferences in person and you will receive a FREE online 15 credit CME course from CME365™.

View Calendar

image
Are you looking to expand your knowledge and skills in your field?

Do you want to take your career to the next level? Then, you need to check out our amazing courses!

Subscribe to our Newsletter and stay up to date with Conferences and our best deals

Suscribe